1. What are Royalty-free and Rights Managed licensing?
Royalty-free (RF) content is licensed non-exclusively for any use, in perpetuity, for a one-off fee, allowing maximum flexibility for customers in an easy to understand license model.
Rights Managed (RM) content is licensed for specific uses, allowing us to track sales and sometimes sell ‘Exclusive’ licenses to customers who need to control how the content is used.
2. What are the terms for submitting my content?
The content you upload for your application can be published to our website only if your application is successful and only if you complete the submission process.
3. Do I retain the copyright of the work I submit?
Yes. You will retain the copyright of all content you submit to Getty Images.
4. What does Getty Images pay?
We pay a royalty to contributors when their content is licensed by a client.
5. Can I work with Getty Images as a business?
Yes. Please note that you will be required to submit your business information when you enter your tax details.
6. I am under 18 years old. Can I become a contributor?
We require that you be at least 18 years of age to contribute to Getty Images. You are more than welcome to apply once you are 18 years of age.
7. How will I be paid?
If your application is accepted, you will have a choice of receiving payment via PayPal or Payoneer.
8. What do you mean when you say “content must be exclusive for Getty Images”?
Getty Images offers an exclusive catalog of content to our clients which they cannot license from anyone else. This means that our contributors must provide us with content exclusive to Getty Images. Please be aware that as a Getty Images contributor you will not be permitted to submit content (or similars) to any other stock agency, or to directly license content yourself that is available through gettyimages.com. If you are interested in submitting non-exclusive content, you can apply through iStock which does offer non-exclusive content.
1. What size should my application samples be?
Photo and illustration files should be in JPEG format and sized no larger than 3GB. Video samples must be in .MOV format with a maximum size of 3GB.
Please do not submit any showreels or edited narrative work. Only clips intended for stock use will be considered.
2. My files are not uploading: what do I do next?
Check your internet bandwidth and that your files are in one of our supported formats.
3. How long will it take for my application to be reviewed?
You should expect to hear from us within 30 business days. If you have been accepted to work with us, you will receive an email invitation containing instructions on how to complete enrollment. Please check your spam/junk folders as the email can occasionally be placed there.
4. The link in my invitation does not work.
Our invitations contain a specialized enrollment link that expires within 60 days of receipt. Please contact us here if you would like a new invitation to be sent to you.
5. I am receiving the error “Your username already exists” when trying to enroll via the link in my invitation.
If you already have a gettyimages.com customer account, you will receive the message, "Username already exists," when trying to create a new profile. Please click the “sign in here” link instead of creating a new profile and use your gettyimages.com login credentials.
If you don’t know your password you can reset it here, make sure you enter your email address in both the username and the email address field to ensure you receive your password reset email. If you do not receive your password reset please contact us.
6. Does the content I submit here appear on Getty Images?
The photos, illustrations and/or videos you submit to us can be published to our website only if your application is successful and you complete the submission process.
7. Can I upload additional content to my application?
No. Once you have submitted your application you cannot add additional content.
8. Why did I receive an invite to join iStock by Getty Images instead of Getty Images?
When submitting your work to the Work With Us site, you will be considered for either iStock by Getty Images or Getty Images and our editors will make this choice based on where they feel your work will be best suited.